9.10.2012

Cowboys & Indians

Well summer is waning, and with a new season just around the corner I feel a sense of excitement in the air. These are days of transition.
Finn's birthday falls right between the wrap-up of the summer months and the rush into the next school year. I think it's a neat time for a celebration, and his first birthday proved to be the best get together with a large group of friends and family I've had in a while. We are so blessed!

I purchased Finn's invitations from Ham & Pea design and paperie. They were perfection! 

I used their design to decorate the whole shindig and with the help of my Silhouette SD and a few amazing friends I managed to get it all done without spending a whole lot of money.

We even went the extra mile to create a "panning for gold" experience just like in the real wild west (my husband has the best ideas). Steven spray painted gravel leftover from the recent backyard construction until each piece looked like a legitimate gold nugget. Then we threw them all in Finn's baby pool with a few pans and filled it with sand. Looks like it turned out to be better suited as a home for all the miniature horses!

I loved every minute of celebrating Finn's life, and I'm certain he had a blast too. 

We're off formula, eating macaroni & cheese every chance we get, starting to take a few steps, and already sporting a big boy haircut....hello toddlerdom!


Allison
Check out Rachel Webb Photography who took these incredible pictures, and Jamie Montgomery Photography who got some amazing shots of the party too! Huge thanks to you ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment