6.21.2011

Chair Redo

This winter I picked up a chair from my favorite antique store for $15.00. I was looking for something that would be an easy first time reupholstery project, but would look completely different when finished.
I bought this chair before we knew we were pregnant and I wasn't quite sure what colors and fabric to choose because I didn't know where the chair would end up.

First, I removed the upholstery...a yucky green plastic seat cover existed underneath.


After choosing to make this chair a part of the nursery, I decided to use some fabric from the quilt I'm making for the nursery to cover the chair cushion. Reupholstering a chair of this design is super easy. All it takes is fabric the right size, folded tight and stapled underneath with a staple gun and lots of staples. With new fabric the chair was already worlds different!

Then, it was time to paint the chair! I found Valspar's New Avocado spray paint in satin and thought it would match the fabric and nursery color scheme perfectly!
I primed the chair first.

Then sprayed it with New Avocado until the can went dry!

Here's the new and colorfully improved chair! All set to add a dash of color to the nursery.


Before and After:


3 comments:

  1. I love this chair babe! It looks so great in our home. You are so hott!
    -Steven (the lumberjack)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that chair is so cute! you make me want a house (or at least a permanent address) to decorate!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al! looks so good.

    ReplyDelete