3.04.2011

Foxes, Stags, Bears & Birds..Oh, & Burlap.

Now that we know we're having a boy(yahooo!)in August,  I didn't waste another second thinking back and forth between chandelier vs. burlap pendant light.
If this nursery had a theme it'd be....well, the best way I know how to put it is, think less forest friends and more woodland creatures. I'm not much for the traditional nursery garb.
I want this room to spur imagination, not just our son's, but anyone who spends time there. Steven and I are big on epic movies, ones that take you on a huge journey, like The Lord of the Rings. In a sense, this was part of my inspiration for this room also.

My thoughts were beginning to get pretty scattered, so I thought it was time for an idea board for the (hopefully sooner rather than later) upcoming nursery.
To begin, here's the perfect font for the nursery. It's called Zierinitialen2 from Dafont.com. Don't know yet how I'll be using the font...possibly a short quote from Fantastic Mr. Fox?



1. Some type of cast iron animal hooks, preferably including a stag and bird. I love Anthropologie, but still searching for cheaper options...gotta love etsy!
2. A burlap pendant light to hang from ceiling(I'm hoping I can pull this off DIY).
3. A bird mobile. Awesome DIY tutorials for this one at Spool Sewing.
4. Chalkboard banner garland seen here.
5. Did I mention I love foxes and my husband does too? We're (or at least I'm) convinced our son will too. Woodland animal print, preferably of foxes. Love this created by Anna See.
6. Completely bad-a Hobbit poster(I've only been able to find this online on European sites...it's become a must have)!
7. Dark wood crib to match the furniture we already own.
8. Walls will be painted a shade of gray...not too dark, not too light.
9. More woodland creatures on pillows & other accessories. Love this pillow.
10. My quilt! Still debating about whether or not these colors really count as gender neutral.
11. Even more woodland animals, this time, preferably bears. Again by Anna See, I could buy probably 12++ items in her etsy shop. New favorite!
12. DIY fabric book sling...looks so easy! Check out Domestic Adventure for more ideas and tutorials on this project.
13. Letters covered in burlap to spell baby's name. Got this wonderfully rustic idea from The Virginia House.
14. The jute rug from our dining room(which needs to be moved, because our dogs love it too much).
15. The best fox stuffed animal ever from Bla Bla Kids!

I'm also thinking bright colors popping in and out in random places, especially shades of orange and yellow against the gray.
So many things to love and so many things to start learning how to make! Steven's going to want to hang out in our son's room more than ours!

Thanks for letting me get all excited and allowing me to thought vomit all these ideas out on you! Have a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that room idea is ADORABLE! I love it all! Congratulations again on having a little boy. They're so cute and ya'lls is going to be especially adorable :)

    ReplyDelete